Sunday, September 17, 2006

It's a Family Thing

Last night I sent my niece Cindra Jo a plain text document containing the html for her husband, Tom's, blog template. My IBM gave her Apple indigestion. We tried working the problem out through email, but it was frustrating. I sent her my new phone number. She didn't call. She did however send me another email asking why I didn't answer my phone. Hmmm, I didn't answer my phone because it didn't ring. She sent me her number. I called it. Her number is a business number and incoming calls cost her, she asked me to give her my number again. I refered her back to the email -- which, even after double checking, I didn't notice had the numbers transposed. We hung up. She didn't call back. She sent me yet another email, this time telling me my ringer must be off. It wasn't. I called her. I triple checked the number, realized I'd made a mistake and gave her the correct number. By that time she had dialed my [wrong] number many times and was somewhat skeptical of my information. She asked something along the lines of, "Are you sure this is the right number?" Well, truthfully -- no, I wasn't. I was relying on my old, cold influenced, medicated, sleepy brain and the number is new. I answered, "Don't you have caller ID?" She said, "Yes, of course I do." I made a snorting sound and answered, "Well then use it to call me!" "Wait a minute!" She says, "Don't go trying to make it look like I'm the idiot here. You're the one that gave me the wrong number." Yep, I did. But she's the one who trusted me!

7 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

Um, who's on first?

9/18/2006 02:33:00 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you. Congratulations, you won the Caption Contest.

9/18/2006 02:37:00 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

LOL I loved this...you make me feel better for all my "blonde moments" :)

9/18/2006 05:11:00 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

This sounds like an argument most families have on a daily basis. However, you can be forgiven because it is hard dto get a new number right but all she had to do was compare the number you gave her to the number that shows up on her caller id. I think she was embarrassed and so got defensive.

9/18/2006 05:24:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I thank my loyal friends for being so protective of me, but this was a joke! Cindra and I were partners in blond togehter. We both got a chuckle out of our "duh" moment.

9/18/2006 06:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just totally hear this conversation in my head! I think that's probably because I've had similar conversations myself with each of you... lol... complete with the blonde duh moments.

9/18/2006 08:23:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

The Family that Blogs will be such an inspiration,
Good luck with the new project/blogging, with Quilly helping, your never go wrong.

Take care and God Bless you all!

9/18/2006 04:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home