Saturday, June 17, 2006

Who, me?

I came from the shower into the kitchen and I saw, on the floor beside my desk chair, a $10.00 bill. "Where did that come from?" I thought to myself and bent down to retrieve it. That is when I noticed the small cloth purse I keep my inhaler in. It was on the throw rug in front of the stove. I slowly scanned the floor. My chapstick peeked from under the edge of the washer. My favorite pen rested where linoleum met living room carpet. Nearby lay $5.00 bill with my debit card beside it. My gaze moved to the couch where my purse rested. In my purse sat a small white kitten -- looking adorable, sweet and innocent, which obviously she is not!

4 Comments:

Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Yeah thats what puppys, kittens, and children do, they are driven searching for they know not why. And then they become adults ...
driven searching for they know not what, so oft settle for filling their time, so as not to have too much time to think. Its the experience the thinking and the not thinking that is LIFE. - Q

6/18/2006 03:40:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

All my adult cat seems to search for is a place for a good nap, food, and an occassional ear scratching. He is mellow in the face of his daughter's chaos.

Despite my occassional exasperation, my life is has been -- and hopefully will continue to be -- enriched by puppies, children, and kittens.

6/18/2006 07:04:00 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

haha, about the time you located the chapstick, I was thinking, sounds remarkedly like cat attack to me. :):)

8/10/2006 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger shankari said...

I am used to similar attacks by my baby!

1/25/2007 01:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home