Friday, August 04, 2006

My Fluffy Hero

Laundry day: I snatched the top sheet from my bed, rolled it into a ball and tossed it into the hallway. This is an automatic action. I do it every week. I live alone, so the tossing often comes before or as I turn my head and look into the hall. This morning the sheet left my hands seconds before I realized Fluffy was sitting just outside my bedroom door. He was not watching me. He was looking toward the living room. The sheet hit the wall on the oppoite side of the hallway and dropped to the floor millimeters from his nose. Fluffy did what only cats can do. He quadrupled in size while leaping into the air. Once in mid-air he turned around and fled for the bathroom. I don't believe his feet touched the floor until he got there. While chuckling, I tossed the bottom sheet into the hall as well. I heard a throaty and threatening Siamese, "rowwwrr." As I stripped the pillow cases from the pillows I moved so I could peek down the hallway. Fluffy was doing his impersonation of a stalking lion, the bundle of sheets his prey. Just as he leapt to murder the diabolical cotton bundle, I tossed the pillow cases. Fluffy landed on the sheets. The pillow cases landed on him. One pillow case contorted wildly, leapt into the air and fled toward the bathroom. Fluffy out-distanced his attacker just outside the bathroom door. When the pillow case dropped to the floor Fluffy turned and beat it mercilessly. As it lay dying he spun, executed a perfect lion-charge and leapt upon the sheet bundle. Such was his battle prowess that it died instantly. Fluffy looked up at me, released a satisfied, "arrruuuu," and invited me to praise his greatness. Of course I did. He is my Knight protector. myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Curves -- Day 3 --stretch in --twice around the outside --stretch out I'm chaffing. Help!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kitty!

8/04/2006 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger bitingblondewit said...

My cat brings me not-quite dead mice...I'd much rather she slay a sheet...say that fast three times.

8/04/2006 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love, love, love your Fluffy stories. To call him cute would be a desecration.

He is....chivalrous, yes chivalrous, tackling the big bag sheet for you.

8/04/2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

We live in a world where even a mere cat can be a hero. I wouldn't want to meet that cat in a dark alley. :)

8/04/2006 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Hi Fluffy, other pets, and Quilly,

Welcome to the blogging world, we love the pictures your owner posts. Take care of her, she is very special, just like our owner also. Your a very good cat for the blog pictures. WE hope you will get to meet us one day, even though we are dogs actually Scotties.
God Bless your pet family friends in blog world. Wallace and Maren the Scotties!

8/04/2006 04:14:00 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I have nominated Fluffy for Hero of the Year. He's purrr-fect.

8/04/2006 04:33:00 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Quilly

What a brave Fluffy you have, taking that pillow case and rendering it useless. Fluffy is as brave a Knight as my Alexander was with his killing and beheading of that Rubber Snake a couple of weeks ago.

Haimish & Alexander said to be remembered to Fluffy and Christmas.

Later.

Bill

8/04/2006 04:55:00 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I laughed til I cried- I have to run down and pick up subs- remind me later to tell you about Morty and the walmart bag

8/04/2006 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Oh, this is a scream...I have a "cat protector" also....and just their antics........mine stalks plastic bags, then if he pounces on one, he scares himself to death and jumps in the air 2 feet.

I got a really good vivid picture of your cat beating up the pillow case......

Oh, I love cats, always have, I will always have a cat or two....

8/04/2006 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

PS: Yippe for day three. Try baby powder.

8/05/2006 05:16:00 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

What an exciting cat. I would love to have seen the running pillow case. Its the little things that give flavor to our life.

8/05/2006 05:33:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Gary, Fluffy is a dear, sweet, cuddly fraidy-cat with an amazing streak of bravey when threatened. Other than that he's docile and purr-y. Scratch his ears and tell him he's a pretty boy and your alley will be safe.

Goldennib -- picked some bp up at the store last night. I am better already.

Dr. John -- the pillow case flapping down the hall with Fluffy's tail streaming behind was a sight for laughter.

8/05/2006 08:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home