Saturday, July 29, 2006

Quiz Show!

You Are Austin
A little bit country, a little bit rock and roll. You're totally weird and very proud of it. Artistic and freaky, you still seem to fit in... in your own strange way. Famous Austin residents: Lance Armstrong, Sandra Bullock, Andy Roddick
Hmmmm ... my family thinks I'm too far from home now. They wouldn't take a move to Ausin well.
You Communicate With Your Ears
You love conversations, both as a listener and a talker. What people say is important to you, and you're often most affected by words, not actions. You love to hear complements from others. And when you're upset, you often talk to yourself. Music is very important to you. It's difficult to find you without your iPod.
I do enjoy music, but I don't own, and have no craving to own, an iPod. My car doesn't roll until my radio is on the right station -- unless I have a passenger. Then the radio goes off so it doesn't interrupt conversation. And I sing almost constantly. Fluffy ignores my singing; Christmas always runs to sit in my lap. I don't know if she is enjoying herself, or comforting me because she think's I'm dying. However, I have been proposed to three times while I was singing -- unfortunately my beaus were all fifth grade boys. Oh yeah -- I only talk to myself when I know someone is listening ....
You Are a Auditory Learner
You tend to remember what you hear, and you have a knack for speaking well. You excel at debating, foreign languages, and music. You would be an excellent diplomat - or rock star!
Ahem .... Okay, I do remember what I hear. I am eloquent when I plan a speech, but on an avergae day-to-day basis I am usually hopping around with one foot in my mouth. As to the foreign language -- I have had five semesters of College Spanish and can fluently ask, "Donde estan el bano?" However, the person I ask had dang well better not answer me in Spanish or there will be an accident before I find it! As for me being a diplomat -- I have too much integrity. They'd never let me stay in that sandbox.
Your Driving Is is: 57% Male, 43% Female
According to studies, you drive both like a guy and a girl. This means you're a pretty average driver, with typical quirks. Occasionally you're frustrated and or a little reckless, but that's the exception - not the norm.
Let's examine my driving influences: I grew up around logging truck drivers. These dudes drive huge rigs at ridiculous speeds on very small roads. My ex-husband made his living on wheels -- eighteen of them. Sometimes he let me drive. The man was also into stock cars and motocross. He drove and I watched. He mechanic-ed and I handed him tools. Oh yeah, my first car was a motorcycle. * * * * * * There. I think that's enough "getting to know me" for one day.

7 Comments:

Blogger QUASAR9 said...

I drive like a ... what I am.
I mean hard & mean pedal to the metal as i like all my off road activities intense.

On the road i believe in civil courteous and stress free driving.
No hard acceleration no heavy braking

7/29/2006 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I am Boston according to the poll, but a smaller more isolated New England town would be better. The rest of this is kinda true. Both modern and old school, you never forget your roots. Well educated and a little snobby, you demand the best. And quite frankly, you think you are the best.

This is all true. When you say, "I'll believe it when I see it" - you really mean it. For you, what you see is a lot more important than what you hear. You don't take someone's words at face value. You judge people by their facial expressions, body language, and appearance. You tend to be quiet, but when you talk, you tend to make eye contact and describe things in colorful detail.

You learn best by doing, and you have a talent for complicated, physical tasks.
You excel at athletics, drama, and fixing things. You would be an excellent Olympic athlete - or a Broadway star! If I cared for any of this, they might be true. I have always had good eye/hand coordination.

According to studies, you drive both like a guy and a girl. This means you're a pretty average driver, with typical quirks. Occasionally you're frustrated and or a little reckless, but that's the exception - not the norm. I want someone to drive Miss Daisy.

7/29/2006 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Just too many things to comment on all of them. I see it says you excel at debating. I used to coach debate and could have used soembody with that ability.

7/29/2006 04:24:00 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

I am Miami, and that IS my favorite city

7/29/2006 06:09:00 PM  
Blogger Grey Shades said...

Awesome! And you drove a motorcycle? Somebody after my own heart! :)

7/30/2006 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

I am Austin Too =)

And I communicate with my ears.

You Are a Kinetic Learner
You learn best by doing, and you have a talent for complicated, physical tasks.
You excel at athletics, drama, and fixing things.
You would be an excellent Olympic athlete - or a Broadway star!

LOL @ excellent at athletics & drama...well maybe I can be a drama queen sometimes....

Your Driving Is is: 24% Male, 76% Female

7/30/2006 08:54:00 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I was reading your comments about yourself, and noted quite a few similarities, my first "car" was also a motorcycle. A little 80CC Yamaha, sounded like a chainsaw. Which brings me to the second similarity, my family were all into logging. All of my Uncles worked for their brother who owned Three Co Logging near Ft. Bragg, and they drove logging trucks from the coast into a little town called ukiah. So I grew up with drivers who didn't have much use for people who didn't know how to drive well. Especially on those logging roads.

My results were 51percent male, 49female, exactly as I suspected. What threw it onto the male side, my reaction to terrible drivers, I usually have a few choice words for them when they about make me wreck. Here in Georgia they give out licenses if you can make an X. There isn't a day that goes by I don't prevent an accident from happening just by driving defensively. Scariest place in the world to drive, and I drove in downtown Los Angeles, Houston, Atlanta. Right out here in the "bohunk" county is by far the worst I have ever seen.

8/02/2006 11:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home