Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hot

Offically it is 106* -- that's at the airport, way up on top of the flight controller's tower. Down here in the pavement is is curently 123* (well, by the next-door-neighbor's back door). My swamp cooler isn't working. That's because the cold-water pipes are pumping out hotter water than the hot water pipes. It took 11 minutes for my kitchen tapwater to run cold. Two days ago I thought the lady at K-Mart was crazy when she said they'd closed their public restrooms because the water was so hot it had melted the toilet seals and flooded the back of the store. Now I am worrying about my toilet ... but I am more worried about Chrissy and Fluffy in their heavy fur coats. * * * * * * * * * * In the two hours since I posted above, the offical temperature has fallen 2* and the unoffical temperature has fallen 7*. The wind has picked up and the sky is filling with menacing black clouds. I think the lid's about to blow off this pressure cooker.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

come home ---- although unbearably hot for me, you would be doing well. It is only 93 here today. xoxooxo C

7/25/2006 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

I hope some thunder rumbles and rain put an ease to the heat! Although it is not as hot here, Queens NY has had such bad power outages. I hope you keep cool with lots of cold showers and ice cream!

7/25/2006 07:43:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

My dear sister, C -- if I come home can you promise me it will never again snow in your fair city? Yes, here I occassionally bemoan the heat, but there for for 5 monthw out of the year I would bemoan the snow.

Not to mention that here when it is hot and unbearable I simple stay home -- and there when the weather was at it's most treacherous I would have to travel on it daily to and from work.

You are welcome to move here ...

7/25/2006 07:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the cats are doing all right in the heat... And I hope when the lid does blow off the pressure cooker you're safe and well when it's done.

7/25/2006 09:18:00 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

You guys really are having it bad this year. Do whatever you can to keep you and yours cooler.

7/26/2006 03:03:00 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

Humidity is the ememy here! Ah yes, and the mere thought of snow can send chills on the hottest of days! Take care of your friends, do they snuggle at the air conditioner or fan? I really can't image that type of heat.

7/26/2006 06:15:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Yep, water pistol sales been booming in the uk too.

However Pauline, since your visit to my place, I'm pleased to say the heaven's have opened and cleared the air.

Thunder rolls in the distance, fresh water on my face soothes my brow. I am at Peace.

Great pic Charlene.

7/26/2006 09:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home