Monday, July 31, 2006

Incase You Were Wondering:

I have been gone all day without leaving my keyborad. That is because Ilona's manuscript deadline is looming and I had the awesome priviledge of reading her work, doing a little light editing and sharing my thoughts. Ilona and I met several years back in an online writer's workshop. She is forever nagging at me to publish my work. If I had her talent .... I'd still be a lazy bum. Sigh. Anyway, Ilona's and Gordon's first novel, Magic Bites, will be available April 2007. Mark your calendars now. You want to read this. Moments after finishing Ilona's manuscript -- and our subsequent IM -- a letch knocked on my door. I was very happy to see him -- but not for the reasons you might think. My swamp cooler quit cooling over the weekend and he was here to fix it. Temperature has a way of melting principles -- I let him call me Baby Doll, Honey, and Cutie Pie to his heart's content -- for this blessed cool air. However, I stayed beyond his reach at all times. Had I been obliged to break his arm he probably wouldn't have finished fixing the swamp cooler.

12 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

Quilly: Some things are worth a little more cost, like cool air. Glad you didn't hurt him, you may need him again.

7/31/2006 06:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I wouldn't have broken his arms myself. I would have left it to Fluffy and Christmas. Am sure they would have done an admirable job.

7/31/2006 06:54:00 PM  
Blogger Donna~K said...

I'm sorry you have to put up with that kind of behavior just to survive. Sometimes it's just no fun not being handy. I'm thinking about you! :)

7/31/2006 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

One Question, which may sound stupid, but what is a "Swamp Cooler" ??

I added another installment to My Dad's Trains. Thnnks to both you and Cindy for the kind words in your last comments.

Bill

8/01/2006 01:11:00 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

PS: How exciting that you get to review and edith an actual novel. I have book marked the page and will look for the book. If you like it, I think I will too.

8/01/2006 02:07:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Morning Quilldancer

8/01/2006 03:34:00 AM  
Blogger Terrace said...

I asked the same thing about the swamp cooler! Never heard of it either, but I've been informed it is a type of A/C unit that chills water inside then blows air over it to provide the cold air it blows.

But they sound like they really suck... Your's is never working!

8/01/2006 05:31:00 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I agree with you . If you break his arm he proably can't finish fixing the cooler. Wow you got to read a novel before it get published . How lucky can you get?

8/01/2006 05:36:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Q -- that depends; will you be expecting an answer?

8/01/2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Probably a good choice, enduring the guy long enough to let him fix your AC. Of course, that may be why he thinks he can get away with acting the way he does.

8/01/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger bitingblondewit said...

Quilldancer! I always remind people that calling someone by a pet name (even if it's only "honey" or the like) is an intimacy that has to be earned. That said, I have a horrible habit of calling almost everyone I encounter "sweetie" or "honey"...I should watch that.

Sorry about your A/C! That does suck. And it always happens in the middle of a heat wave.

8/01/2006 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I had one of those on my bus and he kissed me- for which my boss suspended his bus riding privileges for 6 months. By the way, I'll try to find you some more "green" pictures since you said you so miss green.

8/01/2006 04:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home