Sunday, September 17, 2006

I Should Be at Work

You know that sticky, stretchy yellow glue that manufacturers use to hold products in their boxes? I know where it comes from. My nose has been manufacturing it for three days. I wake every morning feeling fine, but by 11:30 or so I am exhausted. My brain stops working. After church today I tried to draw a straight forward street map for a visitor. I have always been very good at North, South, East and West, but I just couldn't straighten them out in my head. I hope the guy who took my map actually ends up where he thinks he's going. I almost always spend a couple of hours in my classroom every weekend. This year it seems that no matter how long or how hard I work, I cannot catch up. I think it is this cold. It has settled into my chest and even Mucinex is having a heck of a time dislodging it. There is no point in going to work. I went in last Sunday feeling like this and just shuffled papers around on my desk until they were as dizzy as I. Doesn't a nap sound lovely?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie's Garden said...

CB, take a nap today! Stay in bed all day! Only with rest and by hydrating yourself, can your body fight those nasty little germs. And thanks SO much for sharing the nose story....yuck!! xoxoxo

9/17/2006 01:10:00 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I don't get sick often but when I do, I have found that complete bedrest with little interruption for 24 hours along with lots of fluids does the trick.

Your body is telling you to take a break. Listen to it, damn it.

9/17/2006 01:56:00 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

What they said! YOU need a day or two uninterrupted bed rest!
Get better!

9/18/2006 05:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home