Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Another Meme

I did something like this Meme recently, but I'm tired and my brain isn't up to being clever. Plus this is going to be a doozy of a day. This is the 10th day of the teaching cycle so today I will be in and out of my classroom, teaching teachers part of the time and students part of the time. After school I will tutor. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays I got to work at 7 a.m. and get off at 5:30 p.m. That's a hard way to begin after an extended vacation. Anyway, this thing came to me in my email from my dear (non-blogging) friend, Angela. 1. Do you have any nicknames? I am not telling you guys. And my sisters will be quiet! (An observant person could figure it out, searching my blogs.) 2. What is your favorite drink? water 3. Tattoos? no way 4. Any piercing? Ears -- long since grown closed 5. How much do you love your job? depends on what day it is 6. Favorite vacation spot? mountains 7. Ever been to Africa? Nope 8. Ever steal any traffic signs? no, but I stole a traffic cone once 9. Ever been in a car accident? Yes 10. How many doors does your car have? 4 11. Salad dressing? Ranch 12 Favorite number? 7 13. Favorite holiday? Christmas 14. Favorite food? Chicken 15. Favorite day of the week? Sunday 16. Favorite brand of body soap? not picky 17. Favorite Tooth Paste? Tom's All Natural 18. Favorite smell! lilacs 19. What do you do to relax? read 21. How do you see yourself in 10 years? much thinner 22. What do you do when you are bored? bored? What is bored? 23. Furthest place you will send this message? the outer reaches of the blogosphere 24. Who will respond fastest? You are not tagged! 25. Put an X in front of all the things you have done. Remove the X from the things you have not. In your life have you ever: (x) Smoked a cigarette (x) Drank so much you threw up ( ) Crashed a friend's car ( ) Stolen a car (x) Been in love (x) Been dumped (x) Been laid off/fired (x) Been in a fist fight ( ) Been shot at ( ) Been stabbed ( ) Snuck out of your parent's house (x) Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back. (x) Gone on a blind date (x) Skipped school ( ) Seen someone die (x) Been to Canada ( ) Been to Mexico (x) Been on a plane (x) Been lost (x) Been on the opposite side of the country (x) Swam in the ocean (x) Felt like dying (x) Cried yourself to sleep ( ) Played cops and robbers naked? ( ) Recently colored with crayons ( ) Sang karaoke (x) Paid for a meal with only coins (x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't(Who hasn't?) (x) Made prank phone calls (x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose (x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue (x) Danced in the rain (x) Written a letter to Santa Claus ( ) Been kissed under the mistletoe (x) Watched the sun rise with someone you care about or love (x) Blown bubbles (x) Made a bonfire on the beach ( ) Crashed a party (x) Gone roller-skating (x) Gone ice-skating Oh, and Angela? I enjoyed this much more than I enjoyed the Wendy's Frosty in my shoe!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Afternoon Quill,

Glad to see you back to the normal crushing workload. Tax dollars at work and all that. :)

Never been kissed under the mistletoe? Isn't that a misdemeanor? In Vegas no less?

1/03/2007 09:29:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Hi, Brian -- I think stress is all that holds me together. As to the mistletoe -- surley you know that if you avoid situations in which you might be rejected, then you significantly reduce your chances of humiliation?

1/03/2007 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Tell us about the fist fight and the frosty footwear. Please, Ms. Quilly!

1/03/2007 01:46:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Doug -- the fist fight is story is an old standard, it's happened in every pool hall in the world. I bent over the pool table to make a shot and some fella thought that would be the perfect time to touch my butt. Let's just say he found the pool cue not to his taste.

As to the Frosty in my shoe -- I am hoping Angela will wander by and tell that tale herself. Her version is so much funnier than mine.

1/03/2007 01:55:00 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

This was an interesting meme, with your answers.

1/03/2007 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Happy New Year.

1/03/2007 05:19:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Nessa -- would have definately been boring without them ... :p And Happy 2007 to you.

1/03/2007 06:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of C - That frosty will never die will it. LOL

I don't think you ever want to go to lunch with me again at least not one where we drive and pick up then take back to the office. I honestly never thought that light would turn so quickly and I never really anticipated that frosty flying all over your feet and then work its magic on the rest of your clothing along with the biggie pepsi. I take it that is the reason you gave up Pepsi? LOL thank you for helping me laugh. I don't think I will ever get tired of telling people about our fun adventures at lunch and running yellow stop lights that are turning red and of course food flying.

1/03/2007 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I agree with the "bored" answer. The word does not exist in my dictionary!

1/04/2007 02:39:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Angela -- I still think you did it on purpose. "Here, Charlene, you need to hold all 5 beverages and three bags of food. We cannot sit them on the floor because I want to throw them there when I slam on the breaks! I still owe you one day of your life wearing a sticky shoe, ice cream encrusted socks, and slacks stiff from dried soda.

DaBich -- mine, either. I find me much too entertaining. :p

1/04/2007 04:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh C -

I never did intentionally slam on the brakes or go through intersections with that in mind. I felt so terrible over the whole mess and the fact that it just went from bad to worse with frosty and then the biggie pepsi, not a good combination.

Sorry about that.

1/04/2007 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Ack! Angela! I was teasing you!

1/04/2007 05:00:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Oh -- and as to feeling terrible, that explains why you were laughing so hysterically.

1/04/2007 05:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know me. I always laugh. If I didn't laugh people would wonder what was wrong with me.

1/04/2007 05:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home