Friday, September 22, 2006

Two Hat Day

This morning I will start off the day as a 5th grade teacher. After about 30 minutes a substitute will enter my classroom and I will dash across campus to facilitate a kindergarten professional development class on emergent writing. Forty minutes later I will return to my classroom for about 30 minutes. The sub will return and I will dash off to the seond grade classroom and facilitate a professional development class on modeled writing and teaching students how to find & develop writing ideas. Forty minutes later I return to my classroom for 15 minutes, then I go to lunch. After lunch I return to my desk for about 20 minutes of preparation before I run of to facilitate a first grade professional development class on modeled writing and teaching students how to find & develop writing ideas. Then I return to my class for the remaining hour of the day where the students and I try to reconnect so everyone can stop feeling like a yo-yo. I imagine the sub does the same in her own little corner of the world. I follow this schedule every 11 days. It is exhausting and I am never quite where I should be and don't get it all back togehter until sometime Saturday afternoon .....

12 Comments:

Blogger Dr.John said...

I hope you have a good pair of running shoes.I bet you enjoy it, though.

9/22/2006 07:28:00 AM  
Blogger Donna~K said...

Wow! That's a lot of running. Have a great day. :)

9/22/2006 07:39:00 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am not sure I understand the logic of this....why not send the sub to do the running (unless of course the sub is not qualified but get one who is).

I am sure there is more to this otherwise you woud not be doing it....I felt like a yo-yo just reading about it!

My sone wrote his first story and I told him I would write it down for him and we are going to make a book with pictures in it...in fact, I think I will blog it! Thanks for giving me something to post today! (DO you have to do everything?????) Ugh....to have your talent...

9/22/2006 08:48:00 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Just think about all the exercise you are getting. I need a job like that, then I wouldn't need to exercise and walk so much to help keep the Cholesterol down.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Bill

squiggun, one of the funniest verification codes yet. It sounds like an East Coast fishing term.

9/22/2006 09:51:00 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

Now that is multi-tasking!!! Hats off to you my friend.

9/22/2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

It's a good job you get 12 weeks a year holiday, isn't it? At least, you would in the UK!
My sister, who is a teacher, says she has to do plenty of work in the school holidays but, frankly, I think it's all a bit of a scam.
Seriously; this is a lovely readable blog.

9/22/2006 01:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Sounds like you are back in the swing...and sounds like you're lovin' it.

9/22/2006 03:21:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I can see why you'd get those assignments but not why you wouldn't get assigned a golf cart to go with them.

9/22/2006 03:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jackie's Garden said...

Hey, CB, you're like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland. You can't fool me...you love it. Love you xox

9/22/2006 05:12:00 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Sounds like 3 or 4 hats! AS a Sub, I have days like that too! 2 periods as a 9th grade science teacher, a period or two as a senior English Lit teacher, and then for good measure go teach wood shop for the rest of the day! LOL! I love it! ( i would NOT love it if i were a regular teacher and had testing coming up for my students! ) But I'm not... and the variety IS what I enjoy about subbing!

9/22/2006 06:29:00 PM  
Blogger Just Tom said...

"So you run and run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again." Keeps things ineresting. Dont' I know it (got tooth picks keepin' my eyeballs open as we speak.

Hey, check out the challenge I posted today ( my first one). Might be up your alley. Cheers, TM

9/22/2006 09:31:00 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I'd say you should lose about 5.4 pounds running back and forth LOL!

9/25/2006 11:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home