Monday, August 14, 2006

Potpourri

First off: I won a marathon! I have a certificate and a refrigerator magnet to prove it! On August 2nd, 2006, Dr. John had a blog commenting marathon and I commented on over 30 blogs. Not only that, I actually read the blogs and commented on the topics at hand. For my outstanding endurance and heroic effort Dr. John sent me a "genuine Marathon Certificate" and a refrigerator magnet of my blog header. They arrived in today's mail and I am quite tickled. Thank you Dr. John! (No, people, this does not explain why he is so far ahead in the polls. If you want to know how he's managed that, visit his blog and see how many folks are in his congregation.) Second bit of news: I have a new blog. It is called Bits of Me in Poetry. Today I lifted a picture from Rob over at Controlled Chaos, wrote a poem to go with and posted it on my new blog. Pop on over and read it. If you're in the Liar's Contest I'll even vote for you if you leave me a comment. (I'll cast only one vote even of you post 50 comments, sorry. Hmm, make that one vote for every day you post a comment there ....) Third bit of news: Sarah has proffered two lies. Her first lie is the one in the contest. Her second lie was when she "confessed" in the comments that she had to withdraw from the contest because her lie was actually truth. Ha! That one tickled me so much that I immediately cast a vote for her. Fourth bit of news: The contest has barely begun and already [to this second] 713 votes have been cast. Dr. John, his daughter-in-law, Lori, Bazza, and Donna are running neck-n-neck. Some of you have fallen behind, but don't worry. This is an endurance race and there are still five more days before the finish line comes into view.

The lies are here. The poll is in the right sidebar near the top. If it doesn't appear just click reload, it's there. Honest.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Wow, I cannot believe how many votes are already cast. I am like you, I read all the blogs when I marathon but this last time did not get to all of them so I hope to next time. For a liar, I sure do not like to leave comments unless I have read the blog and made a comment regarding something in the blog, ya know?

8/14/2006 07:18:00 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Hey Quill, congratulations......I am proud of you.......you burnt the rubber off your marathon joggin shoes, right......

You know what, i was trying tonight to figure out where I did meet you, and for the life of me, I am going to have to make up a lie, because I don't remember....... and I know it was not that long ago, you have become so dear to me, that I would miss you if you weren't in my life. Even if just my blogger life,..... :) Anyway, I was glad you won......

8/14/2006 08:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo~hoo!!! :o) Great work on the marathon! AWESOME post!! Thank you for stopping by my blog & letting my know there is a post about me, I'm glad you like my Top Cat as well! :oD Haha, the lie contest sounds cool!

8/14/2006 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Hey Quilldancer

I think I found the answer to your Real Player. It sounds like it has taken over your computer when you click on a link or site that deals with media.

You want to disable all media types.

Open Real Player, then click
tools/preferences/content/media types/ and then click Deslect all.

Try this see if it rids of Real Player comes up with pop up.

Real Media is the type of program that when installed likes to take over the computer. When I have to install Real Player, I always have to do this as I hate Real Player, but unfortunately there are some files that can only be player with this blasted software.

Let me know what happens

8/14/2006 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

oops it is actually

tools/preferences/content/media types/ then select in the window that pops up then select Manually configure media types for RealPlayer, then press the select button and then press Deselect all.

You may want to unselect the options on the Media Types window.

8/14/2006 10:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marathon, woo!

8/15/2006 03:14:00 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

This liars contest gets you many visitors great idea.

8/15/2006 08:29:00 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

After reading your comment on my blog, I had to check out the poll to see for myself....WOW! I bet my father and mother-in-law are behind this! Thanks everyone ....you made me feel good today!!!!

8/15/2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I'm finally voing.

8/15/2006 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Yipee! for Quilly's win.

8/15/2006 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger serenity said...

Yay for the win. Congratulations!

Thank you for your visit, and for your comment.

Your "speech" is appreciated. And my intention of course was not to lump all teachers into one category. In fact, if anything, that would be quite contrary to the spirit of the post. To lump all teachers into one box would be just as much of a tragedy as lumping all children into one box of conformity. I applaud teachers, respect them greatly for their work, dedication and contribution they make. And I thank you for being the kind of teacher our society needs more of. Thank you for the reminder, your visit, and your comment.

8/15/2006 03:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home