Saturday, August 19, 2006

Liar's Contest Results

It isn't whether you win or lose. It is how you play the game. Winning isn't what makes people respect you. It may earn you some envy, or even some malice, but winning alone won't make people respect you. Genuine respect comes from how you handle yourself during the game. I am proud of my players. Even during the heat of the battle they held on to thier humor. As Betty (voting tirelessly for Lori) and Donna battled for first place, they exchanged comments on each other's blogs and got to know each other a bit. Last night just before the deadline Donna contacted me and conceeded. While she was busy with her job, her schooling, her kids, their schooling, her husband, his job and their home, Dr. John and Lori took an incredible lead. Donna said she was just too tired to try and catch up. As the other players -- long since left in the dust -- stopped racing for themselves, they did so with grace and humor. And please remember, as long as you visited each other's blogs and made some new friends, you're all winners! Here are the final states on The Liar's Contest: (I was not going to share this until tomorrow, but Dr. John is like a kid at Christmas. Although I'm sure he's waiting to see Lori's final score, not his own.) Jenn 1, 16 votes Goldennib 2, 37 votes Tina, 53 votes Bil Pud, 65 votes Ms. Liz, 82 votes Charlie, 86 votes Gary, 92 votes Donna 1, 144 votes Goldennib 1, 155 votes The Old Fart, 221 votes Bazza, 347 votes Sarah, 814 votes Jenn 1, 1606 votes Donna 2, 3521 votes Dr. John, 4202 votes Lori, 4203 votes To keep me honest I offer you THE FINAL POLL RESULTS. To receive your offical prizes, contact me through my email

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna~K said...

LOL 3rd place means what? I'm a good liar but not a GREAT liar? haha

This was fun Quilly. :)

8/19/2006 04:40:00 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Sometimes in a hurry to get old
sometimes trying to catch gold
before the hot trail goes cold

Sometimes in a hurry for the City
Sometimes lusting for the night life and the bright City lights

And then wanting to slow time
and wishing for peace sublime
Then wanting to leave the bustle
and hear the country leaves rustle

8/19/2006 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

1st place: Celebrity Status as, "The Greatest Living Liar"
2nd place: Contender Status as, "Almost The Greatest Living Liar'
3rd place: Wannabe Status as: 'Liar in Training'

Donna, you're a "Wanna Be"

Q -- Thank you for your words. My sister and I talked today about my need to leave the city. Maybe next summer I'll be relocating. For now, I have a class to teach.

8/19/2006 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I'm trying to decide whether I should demand a recount.I've always been told I am quite a liar. I don't understand what happened. Maybe I was just having an off day. Oh, well.

8/19/2006 05:07:00 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Thanks for the contest quilldancer, It brought huge amounts of excitement into my life (can I stop now?)

8/19/2006 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Quilly.
I didn't mean you or today.

I meant life in general is a harmony between the rush to get more things done, and time to relax and have a peacefulday!.

And then one has got a class to teach. And then one has got tome to put up ones feet, and then one has got another class to teach

It is the Rythm of the Dance
It is the Rythm of the Planets
It is the Rythm of the Stars
it is the Rythm of Life.

8/20/2006 01:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home