Thursday, June 08, 2006

Success at Last

So, it's the last week of school, my allergy prescription has run out, Doc wants to see me before he renews -- and I just don't have the time to spend a half a day in his office. Therefore, since Monday I have been walking around with a bright red nose, streaming eyes and a large box of Kleenex tissues under my arm. I also have intermittent sneezing fits, say three to five sneezes at a time. Near the end of the day yesterday -- three days into my fits and immediately following a sneezing marathon -- one of my bright little darlings looks up and asks, "Ms. do you have allergies?" Most of my remaining little darlings turn and stare at the poor little doe (who looks quite taken back at the sudden shifting of bodies in her direction) and they say, almost as a unit, "Duh!" Their leader says, "Catch a clue!" And the little doe dies of mortification on the spot. Here I have tried so hard all year long to make this classroom into a community, and finally, on the second to the last day of school, I see success. Unfortunately I have turned them into a community of wolves. They decimate their victims in packs. I am so proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home