Free Blog Content



The WeatherPixie

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Starbucks Coffee

I order. "Mocha Frappacino, venti, please. Yes, put all the unhealthy stuff on it. Oh, and I'd like a banana muffin, too!" I casually extend my arm from the window with the Starbuck's card held jauntily between my fingers. The kid at the window makes a grab for the card, misses it and the thing goes flying out of my hand and under my car. UNDER MY CAR. I am dressed up: skirt, blouse, high-heels, and my hair is just so. I open my car door and look down. No card. I step out of the car and kneel down. Still I cannot see the card. Of course the heel of my shoe has caught on the hem of my skirt. I lose my balance and topple into the car, leaving a clean spot on the driver's door. Luckily most of the grime has landed on my hands and my arms which -- thank you, God -- are wash and wear. I step back into my car, put it in gear and backup about 12 inches. I might have backed up another two or three inches, but the fellow in the bright red SUV behind me was honking his horn and yelling, "Stop! Stop!" I am not sure why. There were still three or four inches between our bumpers. Maybe he thought I didn't see him? Anyway, I get out of my car again and there is my Starbuck's card, just peeking from beneath the edge of my front bumper. I grab the card and turn to present it to the kid behind the drive-thru window. He says, "Keep it, Lady. This is on me." Darn, I think as I'm driving away. I should have ordered two muffins.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terrace said...

Starbucks have drive through?

6/04/2006 08:47:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Caryl,

I didn't put the sign there -- Blogger did. I wasn't too thrilled with the zodiac thing either. While I do not believe it is evil, I also do not believe it holds any truth or value. I suppose it I remove my bithdate from my profile the sign will disappear.

6/05/2006 07:28:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Terrace,

This is Las Vegas, the city of convienance. We have a drive thru Wedding Chappel -- OF COURSE Starbucks has drive-thru.

6/05/2006 07:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home