Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wordpress Plug

Why I like Wordpress:
In the weeks I have been there, I've not experienced one outtage!
When you get email notification of a new comment on your post, it not only tells you which blog, it tells you which post!
When you write to tech support, you actually get support. They write back in less than 24 hours. And they don't act like you're an idiot -- even if you are an idiot.
You can edit comments. No more eternal spelling mistakes.
Their spam blocker works.
The post editing feature is awesome!
Wordpress supplies blog stats and feed stats on your dashboard.
Wordpress tells you when someone links to your blog.
Wordpress provides free pages.
Wordpress will import your archives from another blog! It is fast and painless.
Wordpress allows you to add your own post tags.
Comments are searchable and they come up in google searches!
One drawback:
You have to pay if you want to customize your template too much -- however, I have done plenty to make mine my own, and am happy with it.
You can now find me at:
Quilly's Ouips
The Grownups Wanted Us Dead
Bits of Me in Poetry

5 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

WordPress rocks, and SpamKarma2 is the shinizzle!

1/28/2007 03:12:00 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I am afraid I will still stick with blogger. How els ecould I complain or have a nice mantra to handle stress.

1/28/2007 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds good, but I'm too much of a moron to try to change. It took me forever to figure out how to link the blogs I read to mine. Now I just have to gather up the courage to do the linking.

1/29/2007 09:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Me like Dr John will stick with blogger :) .But I am glad you are happy my friend.
Wish you well

1/29/2007 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Hi Quill, there are a few die hards like me it seems. Truly I never had the problems with blogger that most of you had, it always worked pretty good for me. Recently I switched over to the new blogger, I figured they probably had the bugs out by now, and it is much much faster, and it also allows you to post tags. It has some good features that are better than old blogger. But I am happy that the new place is to your liking.....it makes it nice when things work well.

2/04/2007 11:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home