Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Meme

I lifted this from Cindra: 1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, but I recycle gift bags and use em' till they fall apart. 2. Real tree or artificial? neither, not since I've lived alone 3. When do you put up the tree? don't 4. When do you take the tree down? see above 5. Do you like eggnog? Yum, but in moderation since it has more calories than a day's meals. 6. Favorite gift received as a child? a baby doll my daddy gave me, it crawled and cried 7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes 8. Hardest person to buy for? LB (adult niece aka Bratchild) 9. Easiest person to buy for? Betty. bubble bath, only the brands and scents change from year to year 10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Dang, I knew I forgot something! 11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I had a relative that used to buy me the ugliest dresses, which I was then forced to wear on whatever Sunday we visited her after church. 12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas 13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'll let you know when I get around to it. 14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but I've received many more recycled gifts than I've given. 15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? chocolate fudge -- but I've only had one piece this year! 16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? colored 17. Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know, by David Phelps 18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home 19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes. 20. Angel on the tree top or a star? see 2, 3, & 4 above 21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I prefer morning -- Bratchild insists on a midnight compromise .... 22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who forget Christmas is supposed to be a celebration of love, not greed. 23. Favorite ornament theme or color? No themes, just love and precious memories 24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? turkey with homemade noodles 25. Leave cookies & milk for Santa? nope, I ask him not to stop by here, and instead visit someone else who needs him more

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quill,

Have a very Merry Christmas and may your time with loved ones be filled with love, hope and joy.

12/22/2006 07:52:00 AM  
Blogger The amoeba said...

1. Sunday funnies.

2-4. ditto.

5. not particularly

6. American Flyer electric trains. Still have 'em.

7. no

8. my mother.

9. elder daughter.

10. huh?

11. anything in the pile under the tree when I was a teen, when I knew the one thing I asked for in lieu of all the rest would not be there.

12. no favs. confess to a liking to Mr. Magoo's Christmas carol, but that's not a movie?

13. ditto.

14. not that I recall.

15. my mother's cooking.

16. colored, especially blue. historical reasons.

17. I'm experiencing a certain sufficiency of Christmas songs right now. Though I played a particularly effective arrangement of Coventry Carol with the Bath Band. Piece demands a video ...

18. Yes. Depends on year and circumstances.

19. Doubt it. How many know that Donner and Blitzen is Dutch for Thunder and Lightning?

20. ditto.

21. morning. and breakfast comes first. discipline is good for the soul.

22. advertising. for the reason you state.

23. I tend not to be too worked up about Christmas ornaments.

24. see 15. Especially since I don't know how many more Christmases are in my mother's tank.

25. never have. have eaten a few.

12/22/2006 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Brian -- Merry Christmas to you and yours!

OC --

1.) Sunday funnies are for wrapping birthday presents!

16.) I'm curious -- explain ....

17.) The joy of spending so much of my free time in my own home is the blessed silence. I have endured very little Christmas music.

21.) Do your children like you? :) I can easily wait forever to unwrap my own gifts. My greatest impatience comes with wanting others to unwrap the gifts I've chosen for them.

12/22/2006 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I really do enjoy your posts....Merry Christmas...

12/22/2006 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Thank you, Lori -- and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

12/22/2006 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

My answers are posted Quilly

Go have a boo

Bill

12/23/2006 11:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home