Thursday, October 05, 2006

Return to Routine

It's raining it's pouring! And the desert is wet! Yay! myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Today I returned to the gym. I haven't gone since school started. The first week of school I was too exhausted at the end of the day. Then I re-injured my knee and could barely walk, let alone exercise. By the time my knee healed I was liking my new lazy routine. Shame on me. I probably wouldn't have returned to the gym today, but on Tuesday one of the teachers on my team mentioned the gym. I asked her what time she went -- right after school -- and I suggested we go together. Since I was scheduled to lead the Wednesday night prayer and praise service at church, tonight was the first night we attended together. I weighed in to see how much damage I'd done during my month and a half absence. I actually lost 1.5 pounds. Okay, maybe it isn't a major accomplishment, but hey, it is better than gaining. I didn't do the tape measure thing. The scales were traumatic enough. I stretched in, made three trips around the circuit -- talking all the while -- and stretched out. I didn't raise my heart beat more than 21/10, but I still think I did pretty well for my first day back. Now, let's see how I feel about tomorrow morning.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently started back to the gym too. Just this week. They first day is the hardest. Good for you!!!

10/05/2006 09:47:00 PM  
Blogger Grey Shades said...

Way to go! And that picture with the rain-drops is awesome!

10/05/2006 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Well done for getting back into it, but if you lost weight not doing it, isn't there a message there?

10/05/2006 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Where weight is concerned, every loss is a victory. Good for you, getting back into an exercise routine. Love the raining video.

10/06/2006 02:26:00 AM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Who the hell is dr john?

10/06/2006 04:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Bravo for you exercising. If I lost weight, however little, doing nothing nobody could have got me back in the gym!

10/06/2006 05:36:00 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

hello. i feel terribly bad that i have not been around here much. i have missed tons.

i thank you for you caring comments. i am comforted by so much care and love. Sandy is being moved to a hospice. it's the Thansgiving long wknd here so we are not sure exactly when...it's from hour to hour wait and see...
i'm much calmer. i honestly believe that my writting about it so much is helping. i'm sorry though that is back to back sad posts..

i am trying to catch up on your posts. i was very upset for you for the one night you woke up scared for it reminded of your ex. i have had many of those moment and they are truly frightening. i'm so sorry you felt that fear and stress even for a second. sometimes no matter how far away we get from some things, our subconscious still remembers mighty well and it comes out once in a while..i wish i could have been there to comfort you or at least commented on it earlier. i hope you know that all of you, all of your lives are very important to me. i'm sorry i let the ball drop.

i love you much. i would love to have someone go with me back to Curves..i did good there but i do well as long as i have someone to go with and talk while i'm there..either way i should get my butt back in there and make a friend or two...
will let you know how many excuses i come up with...lol..

hope you have a wonderful wknd. pls know i love you much. hope you are not sore tomorrow.

10/06/2006 04:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on the rain, the return to your healthy routine, and the surprise weight loss! (i lovelovelove it when i discover i've lost weight--especially when i haven't been trying!)

hope you enjoy a fabulous weekend, free of the aches and pains so often associated with exercising after a wee bit o' time off! xo

10/06/2006 05:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home