Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Queen O'Mean

This post is for Jenn. In the comments on her blog, As I Was Passing, we were discussing the difference between a Drama Queen and a Drama Princess. After claiming to be a Drama Princess I went out into the world and showed my true colors by creating a bit of drama at WalMart. (Lord forgive me for even going there.) Picture this: I walk to the electronics counter and tell Dude-Boy, the sales guy, I want to buy a digital camera. I tell him the make and model. Dude-Boy, smiling brightly: "Oh, we don't carry that." Me -- dense --: "Yes you do. It is on your display shelf." Dude-Boy, shrugging, shaking his head, and still smiling: "Yeah, I know lady, but those cameras on the shelf aren't actually the ones we have in stock." Me, head tipped forward, staring: "What a unique marketing idea. Was it yours?" Dude-Boy, suddenly mute, makes guppy faces. Several people in line behind me crack up as I saunter by barely resisting the urge to bow.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Drama Queens of the world unite. Likewise, Princesses.

That was telling him Quilly!

7/11/2006 09:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heee!

7/12/2006 12:38:00 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Ha! Great line.

7/12/2006 02:48:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Fancy taking it out on the guppie on the till. Kind kind words - come free and go a long way to achieving more than 'sharp' words.

Oh no! I'm being santimonious
Gosh it looks even worse on print.
Life they say is boring without drama & tragedy - and then -
we are surprised when like a boomerang it returns and strikes us right in the face.

Anyway. Have a great day! laters Q

7/12/2006 05:04:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Q -- you are absolutely right. I even debated not posting this because it doesn't show me in a very good light -- but guess what, I'm human. I have my days and this was one of them. I have moments when I am the Queen O'Mean.

7/12/2006 09:29:00 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

It might have been mean, but some times things just don't make since.
I don't remember which store I was in but we wanted an item and they had only the display item left. They would not sell us that item.

7/12/2006 08:40:00 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I really think you should have gone ahead with your bow!

7/13/2006 06:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately I just love your very witty and intelligent humor? :)

7/18/2006 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Folks, this is my niece, Brooke -- I pay her to dsay nice things about me ....

I doubt Dude-Boy found me in the least bit witty or humorous. Poor litle minimum wage fella was likely just following orders.

7/18/2006 07:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home