Saturday, October 14, 2006

Odds and Ends

To those who envy my patience: I earned mine the hard way. Get your own. To those who marvel at my ability to out think the kids: They're only ten .... I have several years worth of experience on them (though not necessarily maturity, and that is the true secret to my success). It is a rainy weekend here in Las Vegas. Although my heart isn't broken, I've been singing: Rhythm of the Rain Transport your ears to 1963 and listen to The Cascades, while your eyes suffer here reading this 5x5 Meme Melli made me make .... Five Minutes to yourself. How would you spend them ideally? - reading Brooke's blog - reading Cindra's blog - reading in Jackie's Garden - at Doug's or Tom's or Rob's or Charlie's - sneaking chocolate Five Dollars to spend right now. How or where would you spend it? - Starbucks mocha latte - a good book - another good book - yet another good book - tacos del carbon Five Items in your house you could part with right now? - an ancient computer* - shower stall** - my oven** - cupboards** - carpets** Five Items in your house you absolutely, positively could never part with? - my pets - my CPAP - my photographs - my computer - my prayer table Five Words (or phrases) you love? - "I love you!" - "You have mail, Madame." - "Oh, I get it!" - "God Rocks!" - "Meow" ____ *not the one I'm using **providing they were replaced with better

9 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

Oh my gosh! Rhythm Of The Rain is one of my all time FAVORITE songs! I just LOVE it! I was only six when it came out -- but my older sister played it INTO THE GROUND that year ... and for several years honestly! It's deeply imbedded in my soul! THANK YOU! And thank you for playing the game! I would have said my CPAP a year ago! But I don't use it anymore now, so obviously I CAN live without it! And my oven? They can take THAT away without replacing it if they'd like! Then I wouldn't have to cook anymore! LOL! (welllllll ... sometimes I like to cook... today I'm making pumpkin soup!)

10/14/2006 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jackie's Garden said...

Quilly-Sister, your 5x5 is fun reading - fun game. I LOVE that song, always have. Have a great Saturday!! xoxoxoxo

10/14/2006 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I loved those! Glad to see a fellow cat lover :0)

10/14/2006 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

oh honey i love that song..i love all sorts of music and i love the oldies too..after so much 80's retro i change the radio station to total oldies like Frank Sinatra or Vicky Carr and on and on i do that..from one era to another..i love them all..

i'm glad that you are okay with the rain. i actually love it..i played hard as a kid so rainy days where ones to just sit back an relax and read mostly under a nice comfy blanket..oh i have many wonderful memories of that..including cuddles, oh lovely cuddles and opening my window to hear the falling rain, i love that sound..and the smell after a rain is so soothing to me..and just sitting at a window and just looking at it fall..

thank you for the meme..i can read that your home sounds like it needs about some of the same stuff that mine does, lol..i like reading this meme's because i get to know a bit more of the people behind the great blogs..

and btw, Joe is working on his meme to you about the 7 songs..i saw a small glimpse of it today..

thank you for your kind words in your comments to me as usual. pls know that i'm not a nut job or totally depress person..i know alot of my post have been less than optimistic and uplifting in the last while and very wordy..sorry for that..i'm sure they get 'heavy' at times..and i thank you for still visiting me and caring. i'm alright and will be always, i'm sure..

XOXO

10/14/2006 09:52:00 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but what's a CPAP? I love Rythm of the Rain by the way.

10/15/2006 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Bazza, I have severe sleep apnea and when I'm asleep I do not breathe for 30 seconds out of every minute -- about 75% less than I should. CPAP stands for : Continuous Positive Air Pressure. It is a little air pump that breathes for me at night, because I do not breath for myself.

10/15/2006 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Oh, Love it.......I had my computer muted, and couldn't figure out why I couldn't hear the music.....duh...haha

10/15/2006 06:01:00 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Thanks for the answer quilldancer, I'm glad I asked.

10/15/2006 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger MaR said...

This was fun! Melli tagged me too :)

10/15/2006 11:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home