Thursday, October 12, 2006

I'm Hired ....

More late nights at school. We are gearing up for our big money maker, the Autumn Fest. We have fall carnival type thing with mid-way games and lots of food. Last year I worked the fish pond and pulled in tons of bucks from my former students who could all do the math much better than they could toss the ball. Glad I'm not a P.E. Teacher .... (sorry Mr. R. & Mr. T.). We had our first Autumn Fest planning session last night and someone suggested I be given the "Creepy Storyteller" job. There was a ripple of excitement in the room and several choruses of, "Oh! She'd be perfect." Now I am left to wonder if my storytelling fame has grown to epic proportions, or of they just think I'm creepy ....

12 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Indeed. If I were you I would get clarification on whether "creepy storyteller" means (a) person telling creepy stories, or (b) creepy person telling stories, or (c) creepy person telling creepy stories.

There is a 67% chance that you're in trouble. ;)

10/12/2006 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

You don't neeed clarification you are a great storyteller telling creepy stories.

10/12/2006 08:50:00 AM  
Blogger Donna~K said...

LOL @dan.

Thanks for the comment, sorry I haven't been around much lately - just getting stuff settled. I'm gonna try to blog sometime today.

I've thought about you and your generous offer often in this time. Thank you. :)

10/12/2006 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

i would say you are a great story teller and not creepy (after all the good you do helping others at the store etc)

Now, if you walked around with an overcoat all the time with a bloody knife in your pocket then I would say you are creepy....

10/12/2006 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

Mr. T is a P.E. teacher at your school?!? Sweet!

"I pity da fool who can't climb the rope!"

10/12/2006 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

I vote for storytelling fame! Thats you....

10/12/2006 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

of course it's you...

lol...sorry, just kidding..you know it's your amazing story telling abilities that i obviouly need to spend some time investigating..hmmm...i keep on forgetting you have that other blog..

congratulations that you are known for your talents..

XOXOXOXO

10/12/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

I'm with Pauline... You're a great storyteller!

10/12/2006 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

It has to be your storytelling.

10/12/2006 02:54:00 PM  
Blogger Jackie's Garden said...

Quilly-Sister, I'm with Dan. LOL

10/12/2006 05:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

First LOL to cuppajoe (Mr. T!)

Assume they mean you'll tell the best stories and then go shopping for a drop dead creepy costume! Woo Hoo, I love Halloween!

10/12/2006 08:28:00 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

LOL! I've gotten that job before! I ENJOYED it ... immensely! *cackle*

10/13/2006 03:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home