Sunday, October 29, 2006

Imagine

Welcome to another day in my life. As a rule I trip through the blogosphere laughing and poking fun at myself and/or anything else that tickles my fancy. I do that because I live a charmed life and I know it. I am loved. I have more friends than I can count on my hands and toes together. There is a roof over my head, food in my refrigerator -- and in my belly. My house has running water and electricity. There is a semi-new car in my driveway. For me, life is good, and full of fun and games. For some people, none of life is fun and games. On November 7th, 2006 a call for peace will rise from the blogosphere. The goal is to get as many blog owners as possible blogging about world peace ON THE SAME DAY and displaying their signed globes from all parts of the world. On November 7th I plan to show my gratitude for my life and the priviledges I deem common place, by asking that those priviledges become common place the world over. Please join me. If you are interested in participating in this endeavor, you may gather further details and pick up your own Peace Globe from Mimi Lennox, the initiator of this movement.

15 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

This is a great idea... and another well written post.

10/29/2006 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I've already had Peace on my blog but I'll try to think of something appropriate and, therefore, inappropriate. I'm a poll worker so you'll have to accept the moral support I'll be offering.

10/29/2006 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I joined in too.

10/29/2006 01:17:00 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

What a good idea. I want to participate so if I understand I go to Mimi's blog, email her for a globe and she will send one to me so I can post the globe on my site?

have a blessed Sunday

10/29/2006 01:55:00 PM  
Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

What a lovely post. Well-written and beautifully spoken. I've placed a link to your story in my Sunday Blog Chatter today. Thanks for helping to spread the word. Anyone needing help can certainly email me at mimiwrites2005@yahoo
You are awesome!

10/29/2006 02:02:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Rob -- are you going to join? And thanks, I actually spent quite awhile composing this post.

Doug, I am certain whatever you do will be pointed and sharp -- as always.

Nessa! Yay! I went by your blog and saw you're acceptance about a half hour before blogger sent me your comment.

Bill - Pick up a plain globe at Mimi's and put your name on it with your photo-software. Then mail a copy of the globe to Mimi to be displayed on the peace wall, and keep one to use in your Nov 7th post. Thanks for joining in!

10/29/2006 02:06:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Mimi, I don't know about awesome, but I'm glad you approve and I thank you for your kind words.

10/29/2006 02:08:00 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I thought I'd come back so you don't feel lonely, but I see people are now stopping by. Hope everyone joins.

10/29/2006 02:17:00 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

You know, I am uniquely qualified to promote peace. Gandhi was born on my birth day, but so was Groucho Marx, so you may not be able to take me seriously.

10/29/2006 02:22:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Nessa, I know have better insight into your personality. Thank you for that candid revelation. And thank you for coming back to cheer me up. It seems folks have been posting here all along. Blogger just chose not to inform me.

10/29/2006 02:26:00 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Blogger has been misbehaving for a couple weeks now.

10/29/2006 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger Ballerina said...

Hey...it's good to be back on your blog. I've been away for a while. It's a really pretty thing you have in here. God Bless...:)

10/29/2006 08:40:00 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

A good idea. I loved the music video.

10/30/2006 05:57:00 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

This is a great idea, timely and impactful if everyone participates. I'm going to take part because I also live a charmed life.

10/30/2006 06:14:00 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Well yea... that's cool. I'll try to remember to do this!

10/31/2006 07:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home