Thursday, September 07, 2006

Day: Bestest Blog of the Day

I have to tell you that last night I came home tired. Last night I came home grouchy. Last night I didn't plan to post at all. The only thing on my agenda was email and a snuggle with my pillow. Since school started I have been on campus every night for three or four hours after hours. I am almost always on campus 30-60 minutes before hours. Days like those make exhaustion. So, I open my email and find a message from Bobby Griffin from The Bestest Blog of All-Time. He was writing to tell me that I was the link of the day and would be featured on his site for the next 24 hours or so. I couldn't believe it. I read the letter twice, then went to the site to check. Sure enough, there was Day. I was chosen by a guest blogger named Alessia. It was obvious she had read through my blog. She even highlighted a couple of my favorite posts. Alessia's blog is named, Waiting Wishing: musings of an aspiring geek. Don't let that "aspiring geek" part put you off, Alessia speaks plain English, and those of you who are Mac afficinados must rush right over (those of you who aren't, rush over anyway and see what she can create with her fancy technology). Thanks to Bobby and Alessia I perked right up last night, made a post and stayed online. I love the blogging community. I want to thank everybody who stopped by and visited. I hope you felt at home. I'll be popping around to thank you all personally for visiting. And Bobby and Alessia -- you two ROCK! Thanks!

16 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Congratulations again, Quilldancer. You've got a great blog and the recognition is very well deserved! Keep up the good work :-)

9/07/2006 10:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both of them always rock.

Hehehe.

9/07/2006 11:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was sweet! Sorry I missed it. Hugs. :)

9/07/2006 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger rel said...

No one is more deserving than you QD.
rel

9/08/2006 01:44:00 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Congrats! Bestest is so good feeling :)

9/08/2006 04:14:00 AM  
Blogger Alessia said...

You're welcome, I've been reading your blog for awhile (found you through the "random blog" button) and I love it!! So when Bobby booked me to be guest blogger, the choice was obvious :)
You remind me a bit of my first grade teacher who I still remember, two years into college, I'm sure your students will never forget you, either.

9/08/2006 05:39:00 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Isn't it great when something like this happens to make your day? And it is such a little thing to make someone happy (but a big thing, too). That is why I always try to compliment someone or help someone out if I can. Little things make a difference and I am happy that you are happy.

9/08/2006 06:40:00 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

I am happy for you! Your blog is light and entertaining. Well wishes are earned and deserved!!!

9/08/2006 06:57:00 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Congratulations. You deserve the honor.

9/08/2006 07:20:00 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

well you deserve the honor. i know that and i'm spanking brand new here. congratulations.

there is alot of love, kindness and goodness in the world. i'm not sure why some mediums make it easier to project it. maybe it's because we are not rushing or frustrated once we come to the computer..whatever the reason, most bloggers and definetely the ones that i have the pleasure of calling friends have amazing hearts and willingly share it.

i finally remembered my password to blogroll, lol...i had written it down but not the right one, can you believe it? ;p ...anyways, i was able to get in and now you are link in my blog. not only is the pleasure mine but now i know i won't miss any of your delightful post for it tells me when a new one is up.

thank you for being happy for me that i won the big prize over @ Dr. John's..i read your comment and yes, i will post so many pics you will want to run the other way..i don't know if you noticed, but in my life there are tons of pics..:)

you are a sweetheart, thank you for coming into my world.

9/08/2006 08:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being the Bestest Blog. You deserve the Kudo's you have a wonderful blog, always worth the visit.

I am enjoying my holidays, but appreciate the down time so I can visit my Friend's blogs and leave comments. It seems like it took forever to arrive and I know my departure home on 17 September will be here before I know it.

Thanks for the nice thoughts on my last post. I've made one today and the two cartoons I've uploaded are for you to enjoy. All teachers will find the humor in them.

Later

Bill

9/08/2006 10:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a few days late, but congrats!! I look forward to reading moe of your blog and think the template looks great!!

Congrats again!

9/08/2006 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Wow congratulations, I am so jealous........well, I can see why........I always kind of found it to be special......:):)

9/08/2006 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger Yaxlich said...

Yaxlich too is late in leaving congratulations but leaves them all the same.

9/09/2006 04:09:00 AM  
Blogger Uisce said...

Wow, congrats! This is where things really take off for you and your blog. Way to go!!

9/09/2006 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Fantastic! I cant think of anyone who deserves it more =)

9/12/2006 07:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home