Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Reader Response Required

As you know, I've posted a couple of comments on needing an intervention for my internet addiction (Blog Addict and Intervention Continued). Well, recently some of my cyber pals and I have been kicking around ideas about starting a Bloganon group (check out the Bloganon discussion in the comments of this post). Even though I've been discussing the idea, until this morning I was undecided about whether or not I really needed it. I awoke around 5:30 a.m PDST, which is pretty standard for me. I woke humming. That's pretty standard, too. Its what I was humming that concerns me -- I mean, I haven't even heard the song in so long I am surprised I knew enough words to identify the title: Here in the Real World, by Alan Jackson. You know, now that I've written this -- and remembered a few more words of the song, maybe living on the net is the better thing after all. What do you think? Am I in need of intervention?

12 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

You and me both! I am going out today to get some sleeping pills to knock me out at a decent hour, because no matter how tired I am, I stay awake for hours, surfing blogs, etc.

This cannot be healthy!

6/29/2006 01:23:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Another addict found! I wonder what they put in these band waves?

Welcome, Jenn. Nice to see you here.

6/29/2006 07:44:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

I read on someone's blog:
"You are not gossiping, you are blogging" Everyone should welcome blogworld and blog on. It;s as close as you can get to reading people's minds, reading their rants and thoughts.

PS - Charlene, thanks for the comment, you keep on shining and posting & blogging. laters ... Q

6/29/2006 08:27:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Sharing & caring, caring & daring, daring & sharing. Laters ...

6/29/2006 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Here is an animation, watch carefully as the leaf falls from the tree to the stream (of life), the stream carries it, it pauses with the music, then carries on down stream, and reaches the end of the journey, and then, ....
(well go and see)

http://silentcritic.blogspot.com/2006/06/lambchop-is-womanvideo.html

Enjoy! Q

6/29/2006 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Thanx, Q! I very much enjoyed the video. Anyone else stopping by -- I recommend you visit it, too.

6/29/2006 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Terrace said...

I think your in need of an intervention for creating blogs.. heh.. not for surfing them.

6/29/2006 02:52:00 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Hello. I'm Rob and... I'm a blogaholic. (Everyone say "hi Rob!")

6/29/2006 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

No more than any of the rest of us. Come to think of it... maybe you're asking the WRONG people (at least in this forum). We're ALL addicted. ~ jb///

6/29/2006 03:39:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Terrace -- I apparently have too much imagination (or hubris) to be contained in just one blog.

Hi Rob! We feel your pain.....

LZ -- I was kind of counting on that!

6/29/2006 03:51:00 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Ha, just stumbled across your blog; that bloggers anonymous group sounds good. Can I advertise my blog on the site?:P

6/30/2006 11:13:00 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Bill! Yes! Yes of course -- as long as your dues are paid and you attend the online meeting at least once per day.

6/30/2006 11:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home