Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Day One

Ms. A's first #1 rule: Keep your blood on the inside. Ms. A's second #1 rule: Don't throw up on the teacher. Ms. A's third #1 rule: Don't step on the little kids. They stick to your shoes and you track them in on the carpet. If you can remember those three things we're going to get along together just fine. myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Student One (in an aside to another student): She can't have three number one rules. Student Two: She's the teacher, she can do anything she wants. Student One: It doesn't make sense. Student Two: I don't think it's supposed to. Student One: I think I'm going to like this class. Student Two: Yeah, she's cool for a grown up. myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Nineteen students, never have I had so few. I am certain it won't last. More will come; if not tomorrow, then after Labor Day.

9 Comments:

Blogger kristi said...

I love your rules....they sound like something that I would have at home.

8/30/2006 08:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah, she's cool for a grown up says it all, Quilly.

8/31/2006 05:16:00 AM  
Blogger The amoeba said...

I wouldn't have dreamed of sending you kids that hadn't mastered those rules in 1st grade, never mind fifth.

I don't understand how it is that the schools practically always open every year without incident. If I were a teacher, I would have organized a nationwide strike ages ago.

But what do I know? I'm an amoeba.

:)

8/31/2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhhh my gosh! I SO wish you not ANOTHER student all year! 19? WOW! That is fabulous! And honestly ... even if you gain 5 or 6... you would still be WAAAAAY under the avg class size here! Our elementary classes are 32-35 ... it's crazy! ( I think K and 1st have to be smaller, by law ... I think they might be 28... not sure.)

8/31/2006 04:39:00 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

haha, so it goes okay for day one........

Those are all good rules.....especially keeping the blood on the inside, I really like that one alot.....

8/31/2006 06:39:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Great dialogue you set up.

8/31/2006 06:42:00 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

21 students. That's a nice, lucky number -- I'd like to stop there.

The most I've had is 45. The least I've had (offically) is 27. We won't be "offical" until after Labor Day.

8/31/2006 09:15:00 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Small classes are so nice for more individual teaching. Sure makes things easier. Here's hoping your class stays small!

9/01/2006 06:43:00 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I have the same rules at home....

9/01/2006 10:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home